Monday, November 10, 2014

Hello World

Interviewer: Andrew, welcome back to the league, what made you decide to come out of retirement?

Andrew: Well, I'm not sure I ever actually retired...

I: No posts in months, after a good run of postings, what were you doing if not retired?

A: Biding my time.

I: So this is just a well-timed resurgence?

A: I just want to stay present on the internet.

I: Don't we all.

A: Do any of the other interviewers have any questions?

I: I'm the only one here.

A: I imagined you, I'm sure I can imagine someone else too.

Interviewer 2: So why come back to blogging?

Interviewer 1: Yeah - what is this, 2007?

Andrew: No heckling!

Interviewer 1: You want to hear a joke?

Andrew: No.

Interviewer 1: Blogging.

Andrew: Whoa now. Loads of smart people blog.

Interviewer 1: So why are you?

Andrew: I think we're done here.

***

I'm back!

I decided that I couldn't just up and leave the blogosphere. I still need to keep writing and putting my words out there for you, the world, to see. Speaking of you world, I'm going to need some of your help in keeping this train running. You see, I'm going to be posing questions to you. No not reading comprehension questions, because I want you to enjoy reading. These are going to be polls about certain topics, what movies to watch and critique, and what topics you would like to hear my views on. I like to hear your thoughts on things in a nice civilized manner, so post them. I just ask that you think before you post.

So what can you expect to see from this:
- a weekly terrible joke
- a weekly recap on news (both my news and news news)
- a bit of topical writing (it is what I do)
- maybe some special guest appearances
- the presence of food
- a weekly poll question
- other miscellany that I find fun and/or relevant

What you shouldn't expect:
- slander
- posts driven to get a rise out of people in a bad way
- any derogatory remarks about any groups or persons (states are still fair game)
- topless pictures of me (well, maybe one or two)
- selfies
- txt tlk lol
- fast food delivery
- a cure for lobotomies

If you would like to stay on the cutting edge, and get all of the blog deets before anyone else, watch for a new posting every Sunday night (Charles Osgood said I couldn't have Sunday morning). If you miss it, don't worry, a social media blast will go out Monday morning, just as you are sitting at your workstation and regretting getting out of bed.

For the news about me, here's what has happened since I posted last:
- I never wrote that musical
- I was in one show
- I designed the set and lights for another
- I wrote, directed, and produced my own piece
- That piece was my senior thesis
- I got engaged!
- I graduated from Eastern University
- I didn't get into Carnegie Mellon or NYU
- I did get into Rosemont College's Dual-Degree Program (MFA in Creative Writing and MA in Publishing)
- I moved to Philly
- I started working at Eastern Mountain Sports
- I started my graduate schooling at Rosemont
- I was promoted at EMS
- I designed another show at Eastern (which premieres November 13, 2014)
- I am helping to build a tree house
- and somewhere along the line, I grew a beard.

That's all for now. If you would like to see me talk about something in particular, post a comment below. Don't forget to subscribe to this blog, like me on Facebook, and follow me on Twitter @a_m_whitehead.  Until we meet again, goodbye world.

No comments:

Post a Comment